Nucleoplasty is a minimally invasive method for reducing the internal pressure of the spinal disc.The high pressure of the liquid core of the disc can lead protrusion or herniation, particularly if the walls of the disc are already degenerated. Nucleoplasty by thermal coblation is indicated if there is a significant protrusion with a bulging fibre ring, however, there should not be any evidence of disc herniation which has broken through the disc wall. The principle is based on a minimal shrinkage of the gelatinous disc nucleus. With the resulting shrinkage, the bulging disc retracts, the compressed nerve is released and the leg pain and back pain subside .
- Minimally invasive transcutaneous Endoscpic approach: The area around the spinal disc is not traumatized by open surgery, surgery takes place through a needle: muscles, nerves and bones stay intact, no surgical scar along the spine.
- Studies show success rate of up to 70% for patients with chronic back pain. With a proper diagnosis, the results are very reliable.
- Easy rehabilitation after IDET treatment: no sutures or scarring in the area around the spine. Patients can go back to work quickly with no postsurgical complications
- The overall stability or mobility of the spine is not affected by Nucleoplasty. Patients do not suffer adverse effects
- Local sedation, avoiding total anesthesia. The patient is semiconscious during the surgery. This keeps surgical stress at a low level. Procedure takes 20-30 minutes.
- The increase in temperature is controlled and localised, there are no reports of intra or postoperative complications. This contributes to the positive safety profile of radiofrequency Nucleoplasty
The thin PLA301 is the perfect solution for stress-free cervical disc treatments.
- 76mm working length
- 0.92mm outer diameter
- 1.12mm outer diameter of the guide pin
The PLA301 is designed for fast and effective treatment of lumbar disc herniation.
- 219mm working length
- 1.1mm outer diameter
- 1.5mm outer diameter of the guide pin
Bipolar cutting and coagulation, working frequency of 100KHz, The surgical system offers 2 working modes:
ABLATION mode (cutting, hemostasis, ablation, vaporization),
PLACOAG mode (hemostasis, coagulation).
Low temperature (40˚-70˚C) ablation and coagulation. The low temperatures ensure reduced pain after surgery, as well as controlled thermal impact.
- Automatic impedance feedback and energy level detection
- Convenient timing display
- Automatically identifies the status of the footswitch and the probe
- Automatically detects the plasma density at the tip of the probe
The thin plasma layer with depth ablation between 50 and 100 microns empowers surgeons to cut precisely, removing only the target tissue and reducing the risk of damaging surrounding tissue.
Our generator operates on the lowest possible frequency (100 kHz) – where muscle and nerve stimulation seize and electrosurgery begins! Thus, Mechan’s plasma generator allows for prolonged stable plasma field (active plasma time), low operating temperatures (little or no thermal effect) and stunning visibility (little or no bubbles).
Working frequency 350-430 KHz
Working frequency 100 KHz